Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Thursday thirteen: Edition "G"
1. Gibson Guitar: I have one
2. Gumption: We're all going to need a double-dose of it to get through these hard times.
3. Guthrie: I listen to Woody's Library of Congress recordings pretty often; I also sometimes listen to his son, Arlo ("I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride on my motorcicle").
4. Gold Wing: That's our Honda, our freedom machine.
5. Goats: I love them. Cliff hates them.
6. Green: I can't wait till the green of spring!
7. Graveyards: I've always loved them. Enjoy a horseback ride through the local graveyard with me, riding my horse, Blue. And once I'm dead and buried? Just remember, I loved graveyards!
8. Guilt: I've often wondered, do atheists carry guilt in the same way Christians do (help me with this, Guy)? Perhaps some of them don't, but I'll bet the mothers do. One of the chief ingredients of motherhood is guilt.
9. Grace: The only thing that works to overcome guilt. At least for me. "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me."
10. George Jones: What a reprobate he is, but I love him anyhow. I wouldn't waste money to see him live again, though.
11. Grandma: Some of my best memories are of my grandma. I can still see her sitting in her rocking chair crocheting, or upstairs at the quilt frame, stitching away.
12. Guns: My son loves guns; he's downright fanatic about them! He lives in Georgia, another "G" word; but I already have 13 without using that one. Oh yeah, and his daughter, Amber, was born in Germany. I guess I could have gone on and on with the letter "G".
13. Google: How did we ever get by without it? I love me some Google!
You should be playing along with this, it's so much fun! Thanks to the blog "Izzy 'N Emmy" for keeping this going.