Friday, February 13, 2009

High School Basketball


Cliff and I hadn't been to a high school basketball game since our kids were in high school. They're 39 and 41 years old now, so you can figure out it's been awhile.

This is a small farming community, with some families that have had kids in the local school for four or more generations.

So when it comes time for the "little cheerleaders" to cheer (once a year), grandparents and aunts and uncles come out of the woodwork.

Tonight our granddaughter, Natalie, was cheering, and we decided to attend. Imagine our pleasant surprise when we were told, "Seniors get in free."

I love free!

Trouble is, the side where the home team sits was packed. There were people over there standing.

So Cliff and I went to the other side. That's why you'll mostly see the backsides of our town's "little cheerleaders". We were on the wrong side. My daughter will be able to pick Nattie out of the crowd, I'm sure.

Natalie told us, "You were supposed to be on the other side."

"We know that, Natalie; but we would have had to stand."

I have to tell you, our team absolutely cleaned up. There are some talented boys and girls in this area. And now for the cheer leading.


6 comments:

  1. LOL at the backsides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.

    I know what your granddaughter means. For my graduation, my family sat on the wrong side and I didn't see them at all.

    When I mentioned it and was a little bugged, they said the same thing you did. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up in a small town, I LOVED basketball games at the only high school!!! There is nothing like small town support for sports, or at least it used to be that way. Oh, and as to your comment about a break from babysitting...I AGREE!!! Dear Hubby said this is IT for weekends with the boys for a long, long time. I need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:10 AM

    aww they were so cute...and loud LOL...I enjoy watching the kids play ball games...and cheering too...life at its best right now...do you think they know it???!!! probably not...but they sure have fun...God Bless...hugs...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mo, you've got to know that when you're going to "little cheerleaders" night, you need to go at least a half hour early. Or more.
    Then maybe you could have seen their frontsides!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:19 AM

    Donna I can't watch the video, but I'm glad that you got to go anyway.
    I go to two high school basketball games a week! Our young cheerleaders do their thing for football season.
    loopymama

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!