Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My greenhouse

I'm really getting brave these days: I've actually invested in a greenhouse!

It only cost around $7. Then there's the cost of the seeds to consider. Still, it won't break the bank if this experiment fails.

The instructions look simple enough. I'm using the greenhouse to start my blight-tolerant tomatoes and a carnival-mix of sweet peppers that includes purple, yellow, green, black and red varieties. Oh yes, and I had five open little pots where I put marigold seeds, just because I didn't want them to be empty.

Here it is, all water-soaked and expanded, with at least one seed in each one. Wish me luck! I'm supposed to leave it out of direct sunlight until the seeds sprout.

I'm going to leave the "followers" feature on because of the comments I received about it. I did remove a couple of other things that nobody (even me) looked at anyway. The poll, of course, will leave in a day or two.

Now to find a spring-like header to replace the dogs in the snow.

And no, I didn't remove Sitemeter. I shrunk it and made some changes, but it's still there.

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking yesterday when I got in the car at lunch time how nice and warm the car was because the sun had been shinning on the windows. It was 19 degrees outside but my car was warm. Any way I was thinking how nice it would be to have a green house. Even on cold days, if the sun was shinning we could be warm.
    I sure will be interested to see how yours turns out. Hopefully you'll do as well as you did with the herb garden. Thanks for leaving the followers. I'll be following for sure. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a couple of those once but it has been so long ago I can't remember how they did. I like the picture of Blue across the top. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new header with Blue in it. Very Springy?... Springish? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Ha After that build up I was waiting to see pictures of Cliff erecting the thing. I don't think it will break you & it will be a lot of fun & beauty. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the time of year in AZ when people start thinking about buying shade cloth for their summer gardens.

    Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!