Monday, February 23, 2009

Cleaning up my blog

I've been wanting to take that "followers" thing off my blog for a long time. It isn't that I don't enjoy seeing all your lovely faces, but it clutters up my blog somewhat. And it's pretty meaningless, considering that I have more people reading my blog through Google reader than I have listed as followers here.

I'm telling you in advance so that you can either put me in Bloglines or Google Reader, or else save my blog to favorites, if you wish. I'll probably wait a couple of days before I remove the widget.

I think I'm going to remove Sitemeter, too, since I have Shinystat, which gives a lot of the same information. I have to say, Sitemeter has been a huge time-waster for me. I check it far too often, and I think I'll be glad to see it gone.

Even though I'm already having second thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. I like the followers thingy because who is on it shows up on your dashboard when they make an entry. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the followers thing too since it makes it easy to see who made a new entry. Sorry you are taking it away. Someone else said they were doing that recently too. I'll put you in my favorites and try and remember to check in now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did have that followers thingy. Didn't know how to get it or use it. I need to spruce up my blog, I haven't changed anything for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like followers as well...but then again not everyone is using blogger... so that makes it not useful too..

    Glad to be back by....

    Hope all is well with you, and have a good day

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by and posting about Hershey. I really appreciate it :)
    I want to get my blog cleaned up too. Maybe I will do that to keep my mind busy.
    Huggers, GAyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the followers feature too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At 98 Followers, I think you're famous! I'd be glad if I had 3 people who would actually press that button to purposely follow my blog.

    It's just me, but I don't think it's cluttering your blog at all.

    In fact, it's an honor to have so many followers waiting for your next post... I think the followers get activated every time you post something new.

    Then again, it's your blog. It's your prerogative... when spring cleaning is needed, you just have to get it done.

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does not matter if you have the follower thingie or not. People can still follow you. If they add your url with the add button on their dashboard they can follow you. I have non blogger blogs there that I am following and they update the same as any other reader.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!