Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Red eye

OK, I put this on Facebook and never got so many comments on a photo in my life.  It really is my own right eye, no photoshopping (as if I ever photoshopped anything).  I have to admit I was a little bit weirded out when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning.  It was bloodshot before, but it's gotten worse overnight.  
Nothing happened to cause it.  I've had this happen before without any cause.  My dad used to get broken blood vessels in his eye, too; genetic maybe?  
I will stop taking my daily 82 mg aspirin until it gets better, just in case that has something to do with it.  
It doesn't hurt, although there's a little feeling of pressure in the eye today.  
To see that it's really no big deal, click HERE and read about it.  I think most people just think that anything that looks so horrible would have to be painful, and be caused by something.  
With no further ado, here's my red right eye.  




You should have seen me taking a picture of my own eye:  turn off the flash, turn the camera backwards, try to keep the white (red) of my eye showing.  I should have had Cliff do it.

17 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope this goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki1:14 PM

    That is scarey looking. I hope it goes as quick as it came. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me look at this TWICE today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Mrs. L, it got me so much attention on Facebook I thought I'd go for broke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that does look painful. Maybe you should go to the eye doc. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that happen a few years ago. I went to the eye doctor, but he said there's really nothing to be done but wait until it clears up. Burst blood vessels look terrible, though.

    [My favorite part about walking around that way was that clients and other people who didn't know me well seemed to deliberate avoid mentioning it.]

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad this doesn't hurt -- but hope if heals quickly. And I loved Tenneessee Ernie Ford, too -- when I was a little kid my parents got me a clock radio so I could get myself up and ready for school. Every morning I listened to a lumber yard show that always opened with TEF singins "16 Tons." I can sing that song clear through to this day -- and often do when I'm feeling overworked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...that sure does look painful. You sure you're okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tango, it isn't painful. Last time it happened I went to the doctor and was told it would get well on its own. Google tells me the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only thing comes to my mind, "You should ave shut up when you had stood up!"
    ROFLMAO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe the next time Dad tells you to buy him a tractor, you'll shut up and do it.

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL at what Rachel said! I hope it looks and feels better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch! When I was a kid I got sties in my eye a couple of times that caused my eye to do pretty much the same thing. My mom would get some kind of ointment from the doctor. Worked like a charm. Hope it gets to looking better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nerves058:13 AM

    WOW that looks terrible.
    Almost scary looking.
    Mine have been red but never that red. Even when i got in a fight in school one time and got socked in the eye and it broke a couple of vessels it didn't look like that.
    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. How are you doing today, Donna?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tango, I thought it was a wee bit less red, but Cliff says no. I sure got some strange looks in Walmart today; hope I don't end up on peopleofwalmart.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope that is better now. Glad it doesn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!