Monday, April 13, 2009

My weekend... and an award!


Amy kindly passed this award along to me, and I accept it gratefully. Check out her blog HERE. As I always do, I'm telling you to help yourself to this award if you like it. Because I'm lazy.

I have no idea how I stumbled across Amy's blog, back in the old AOL Journals days. I know I used to use search words looking for journals that might be written by people with whom I might have common interests, but Amy and I don't have that much in common. Who knows. Maybe I just found her link on somebody else's journal and followed it. Anyway, I've been reading her for at least five years.

Amy's in Texas; but an uncommon proportion of my AOL buddies are residents of Georgia; that's because I thought I'd know more about what was happening in my son's state with weather and such if I read these journals; now I just read them because I enjoy them.

On the AOL Journals, I also searched out Kansas City residents. I found two, but the only one I really stuck with was Toon Guy, whom I eventually met in person. And who hates the Blogger format so much he seldom writes any more.

I didn't realize then that there was a larger world called Blogspot, or Blogger, and that most Kansas Citians used that medium. I had no clue what a tiny and temporary world was AOL's J-Land. Now I have access to so many KC blogs I could go on overload if I didn't pick and choose the ones that most interest me.

Now, about our weekend: Cliff and I got a two-hour motorcycle ride in Saturday afternoon, then ate supper with his sister and her guests. I woke up Sunday saying I wasn't going to do Easter dinner, but somewhere around mid-morning, I decided to cook a ham and bake some lemon pies, and anyone interested was welcome. I didn't do it up like I used to, mind you. But it was fine. We ate around 5 P.M.

I know it's far too early, but those tomatoes and peppers I started from seed in the house were getting (literally) too big for their britches, and I've had them outside quite a bit lately. Well, during a break in yesterday's meal planning and laundry-folding, I went out and stuck them all in the ground. Poor little things, it's so COLD. If we get another frost or hard freeze (and we probably will) I'll be going out there and covering them, because I've gotten rather attached to them.

I'm enjoying my tulips, and learning some of their tricks: I didn't know they'd close up their blooms at night, and on really cloudy days. Yesterday was so gloomy they stayed in hiding all day long.

That's enough for this morning's ramble.

Hurry up, spring weather!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Easter. Lemon pies were my hubby's favorite and my Mom made the best ones ever. I would be happy if there were no more frosts, but until Memorial day we still have a chance of it and most of us in northern Ohio will not plant a tomato til then. Hope your Monday is a great one! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm....I sure wish I lived close to you. The ham & pies sound great to me. Glad you got a motorcycle ride in & supper with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Donna, I'm enjoying reading of your garden, and plants, about the earliest here, that might be safe to plant is mothers day, but most people wait till memorial day weekend, then there is a hustle and bustle at the garden shops and pool shops.
    loopy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I ended up stalking you first. You gave me a bit of the Midwest that I missed (since I grew up in Illinois)... AND you had a cow. You know me and cows. LOL At any rate, you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came back & snagged your award. Thanks! I like you am too lazy to follow the rules too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    I've been a reader of Amy's journal/blog for a few years now myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!