Friday, April 10, 2009

Lovely day, once the rain stopped

After eating lunch, I did a little morel hunting. This year I don't intend to tell you my morel adventures until the season is over (because who knows who is reading this); I'm sure I'll have more exciting adventures this year than ever, with lots of pictures of strangers making themselves at home on my property. I'm so glad that wildlife cameras don't cost much these days.. But you'll just have to wait, to see my results.

Once Sadie and I returned to the house, I "mudded in" the Yukon Gold potatoes and planted a variety of flowering plants, most of which I've never tried before; in fact, I've never heard of most of them. Oh, and I set out some ever-bearing and day-neutral strawberries.

I planted the following flowers: Hydrangea Blueberry Parfait; Coneflower; Blazing Star Liatris; Sub-zero mixed Hibiscus and Blazing Star Liatris.

I'll let you know how all that stuff turns out.

Oh, by the way... my beets are up.

10 comments:

  1. I'm one of the few people who love beets. Lucky you! Do you pickle them or roast them. Doesn't matter, they are good and good for you. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is here and definitely making its presence known.

    HAPPY EASTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day! Looking forward to your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Yukon Gold potatoes! They make the best creamed potato! Yum! I noticed this morning when I went out to feed Barney Barn Cat that my garden patch has no snow on it and some Johnny Jumpups are starting up! It's on the south side of the house so gets sun all day. The turkeys are taking dirt baths in it too so that stirs things up a bit.

    Have a wonderful Easter weekend Donna, will be thinking of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear how everything worked out. Your garden sounds delicious and beautiful. Take care of you and yours and enjoy your Easter.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We looked for some strawberry pots at all the home improvement stores and couldn't find any. (No strawberry plants, either, for that matter....) I'll have to send my in laws searching for some in Mexico. (the pots, not the plants...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:12 PM

    Hey Donna! Did you see that you tube thing where the woman captures video of her house being robbed?
    Go to you tube and search Boynton Beach web cam burglary. Amazing what a little technology can do. Karen in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  8. How big is your yard anyhow? Do the morels grow in the woods or out in the yard? Because in your pictures I never see any trees, just lots of flat land, so I am a little confused. Do you have to walk a lot to get to the mushrooms or are they right there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, we have over 42 acres. The back 1/3 or so is made up of deep, deep ditches and woods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the nudge to come looking in. I apologize for not looking in regular. I've just been so busy around here, I most times don't know whether I'm coming or going. Last nite in after 8:00 PM, ate, wrote few words and haaad to lay it down. I'm getting to old for this, for the challenges and rewards keep me going.
    $4,000 a fair price. I expect it'd go half that at auction these troubled economic times in Mich.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!