Saturday, April 18, 2009

So thankful

Three years ago tomorrow, Cliff had open heart surgery. You can see the entry I did on my old AOL journal HERE. If you click on that link, take a glance at the eighty-five comments. Never before or since have I had that many comments on an entry. That tells me that there are always more people pulling for you than you can ever imagine. It also tells me what a close-knit family we had in the now-defunct J-land.

Most people get a few days or weeks notice before they have CABG surgery. Not Cliff; he was a walking time bomb, and the doctors wouldn't even approve him to drive to the next hospital.

Every day is a celebration here. Every anniversary of Cliff's surgery is cause to rejoice.

Tomorrow we're going to Biker Sunday at a nearby church: by motorcycle if the weather permits, but otherwise in our car. We'll be thanking God for his tender mercies.


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both and the wonderful medical staff who saved his life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for my Daddy still being here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:10 AM

    Me too,I"M glad he is still here, it's been 11 years for Phil. Thank God for him too. Two great guys.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is amazing...and I'm so happy for you both that He has blessed you with this.

    Love, jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God for Doctors and nurses who know what to do. Thank God for saving his life and thank God for you who stood by him and gave your support. Enjoy the church service. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I'm happy everything worked out! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you go to hummingbirds.net you can see a map of reported sightings in your area. You should have hummers already! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a day to celebrate! We should live each day to the fullest as we never know what tomorrow may bring. I hope you get to go to church on your bike today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen Donna. I am happy for you both that you have had so many more joyous days to spend together and on Cliff's 3rd anniversary ... I wish you many more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PRAISE GOD!!!
    I remember it well, I spent most of the day in prayer & lit a candle that evening fo r Cliff.
    Prayers are answered!
    Wishing you both many more 'anniversaries' together. {}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember it well... incredible isn't it Donna?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindie8:42 AM

    Surprisingly, after awhile I stopped noting the anniversary of my heart surgery, I know it happened in early November in 2001 but I have since had other major surgery. I just thank God for talented surgeons every day. I had 1 days notice for my heart surgery as did my husband years ago. My brother in law did have a few weeks notice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on another post-surgery year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!