Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Never give up

I've mentioned a couple of times how all my Norway Spruce trees seemed to be dying; it's disappointing because last year they were thriving. Still, I told Cliff not to mow them down yet, since some of them had a tiny bit of green. By "tiny bit", I mean four or five needles. But one never knows.

Today I was making an inspection of the sickly trees and noticed something promising on one of the "dead" trees.

Looks pretty hopeless, doesn't it?

But look! New growth! Can you see the green buds?

How about now? I can hardly wait for Cliff to wake up so I can tell him. Some of the others are showing signs of life, too.

In spite of strong winds yesterday, the tulips are standing tall and proud. You knew there would be a shot of the tulips in this entry, right?

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen that happen before. I hope they survive for you. Maybe they got too dry or something and just needed all the rain we had this spring to grow again??? I love your tulips. Mine are not blooming yet. The daffodils and hyacinths popped out this past weekend. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hope they survive and thrive. If there is any green at all there is hope! We are getting some much needed rain today, a nice steady rain that really soaks in. I love a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good! I hope the trees make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks promising. Those tulips are still beautiful. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo-Hoo....looks like they might make it yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY they made it! And yes the tulips are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!