Thursday, April 09, 2009

Spring is busting out all over

My favorite time to be in the hot tub is right at sunup; when I see the sun looking like this, I'm ready to take the plunge.
This is how things looked fifteen minutes later, when I got out.
That's my cottonwood tree in the foreground. It's windy today, and it was relaxing just watching that tree sway in the breeze. These days I can hardly wait for daylight so I can go check out the trees, shrubs, and flowers.

Almost!
I left my herb garden outside last night, since the temperatures weren't going to be dipping as low as usual. They're going to have to be put out in the garden someplace, because they're crowding themselves out of a home in this planter, and not looking too healthy.

The tomatoes and peppers, on the other hand, are looking great so far; the only problem is that they need to be set out into the garden NOW, and we're still having frost and freezing. I just hope they hang in there. Next year I won't be in such a hurry to plant those seedlings.

6 comments:

  1. Lindie8:01 AM

    I tried starting herbs and tomatoes from seeds 2 years ago. Decided it just didn't work when I was gone a week and they didn't get watered! None of them made it so now I just buy tiny plants when I am ready for them. I love heritage tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that hot tub and a sunrise to start each day is WONDERFUL!! You live in a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we ever get some warm days it will not be long and we'll be bursting out here. You had a beautiful sunrise this morning! Were you up to see the full moon? It was shining in my kitchen window when I got up. Lovely site too!
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have a cottonwood you must have some underground water.... any springs on your property?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hyperblogal, we're less than a mile from the Missouri River. There is an underground stream 130 feet below ground on this property according to the well-driller; I know the depth because that's how deep our well is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got a few Topsy Turvy planters for our couple of tomato and chile plants....and they are looking pretty good. I'm actually surprised. I don't have a whole lot of luck with plants....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!