Saturday, April 04, 2009

A must-read

Cliff and I watched a DVD last week suggested by my blogger buddy, Anne. It's entitled "A Family Undertaking". We were both touched, and blown away by the concept.

Anne had suggested the DVD after I mentioned Meesha's entry about Jewish funerals.

Anyhow. The DVD led me to order a book called "Grave Matters".

It's a must-read. No matter what your opinion about funerals and such, you need to read this book. It is not boring; in fact, it's riveting. Read the book!

Oldest granddaughter Amber is spending the night. I told her a while ago, "If you want to look at me and your grandpa, do it now. Because you won't be seeing our pickled corpses after we die; we won't be pickled, and our corpses won't be on display!"

I think she's good with that.

Cliff and I agree that our family probably couldn't handle the home funeral thing, but we think they'll be fine with cremation.

Isn't in the neatest thing, how these wonderful bloggers led me gently down a path that makes perfect sense, which I would never have considered without their guidance?

4 comments:

  1. Did you get the forward recently with the dead man sitting in a recliner in front of a tv with a football game on. He had on fancy silk pjs, robe and houseshoes. A beer near by and then the chairs for the funeral goers in a curved line around him? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued.
    Lisa in KY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna, I am so very glad you got the DVD and the book. Isn't it interesting about how people are led down a path of mystery about the funeral path. I also agree, EVERYBODY should see it and read it. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to take your suggestion and read the book.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!