Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Edition "M"


1. Mosh Pit: The first year I attended Van's Warped Tour with my oldest granddaughter, she and I ended up crushed in a mosh pit. She panicked even before I did, and we squeezed our way out of there.

We saw Sugar Cult, among others.

And also some wild and wacky teens. I sure do wish my knees would let me go again; what GREAT photo ops!

2. Maxine: My eighty-one-year-old sister, the nearest-to-perfect person I've ever known. She's a winter Texan, and this is a picture of her in front of her Texas home.

Oh, and by the way: She'll be back home in Missouri this coming Monday.

3. Motorcycle: What can I say? Cliff and I love ours.



4. Monica: My daughter's second child. Until they moved away from the area for a few years, I kept Monica for a twenty-four-hour period each week, so I could get to know her.

There I am feeding her during one of her weekly stays..

That's Monica a few years ago at the Missouri State Fair. She and I stayed in the camper and had a blast together. She's a teenager now. I don't see her often.

5. Mother: Everybody has one. Although she and I locked horns many times throughout my life, I wouldn't trade her for anybody else's mom. Below is a picture of my mom with me and my sister.

This is a rather sad picture, taken at Mother's 91st birthday party. She didn't live to see another birthday. Let me give you a picture of her in happier times.





6. Melon: I love any melon: Watermelon, muskmelon... any kind.

7. Mexico: The only foreign country I've ever visited, thanks to my winter Texan Sister. Here you see my daughter and my sister as we were getting ready to go shop at the market in Mexico.



8. Morels: They grow in abundance on our property. I never get many of them because my neighbor (whose name also starts with "M") and all his relatives sneak in and get them... without permission, and without sharing their finds with me.

9. Morals: That's what my neighbor lacks, or he wouldn't trespass and steal my morels.

10. Meesha: The only Russian Jew (now a Kansas City resident) with whom I've ever corresponded. I'll bet he and I will meet up this summer.

11. Mr. Bojangles: one of my favorite songs, and Sammy Davis, Jr., did it better than anybody in the world.




12. Marcoux Corner: One year when two of my granddaughters and I were at the Missouri State Fair, we saw this incredible a cappela act that we all loved. I wish Youtube had their version of "Obladee, Obladah, Life Goes On". But you'll have to settle for this song. You won't be sorry you listened to this song. I only wish they had someplace to perform besides lousy state fairs.





I add this one so you can see them in action.



13. Moses: A great prophet, but so very human, with the faults and shortcomings that plague us all. Only he managed to overcome them and become a leader.

If you'd like to play along, be sure and leave the link to your entry at Izzy 'N Emmy's, so everyone can visit.

5 comments:

  1. So, the girls and I are watching TV, and I'm doing some journal reading. I clicked on the first song, and started it playing without saying a word. Within 2 bars of vocals, Monica stopped, looked at me and yelled, "Marcoux Corner???" They'll never forget those trips to the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your motorcycle video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your list! Very funny...morels & morals. :) And thanks for the videos of Marcoux Corner (who I had never heard of)--they were great. My 2 year old started dancing as soon as the music started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, you came up with a great list! I love all the pics and videos you add in.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!