Saturday, April 04, 2009

Patrick's Saturday Six


Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place, or put the answers in an entry on your blog…but either way, leave a link to your site at Patrick's Place, so that everyone else can visit! If you repost the questions on your site, you must link back to this site as the source.

1. If money was tight, which of the following would you be most likely to give up: cable television, internet access or your cell phone? Cable Television; we get good reception on all the Kansas City local stations, so an antenna would do in a pinch.

2. Of that same list, which would be least willing to part with? Need you ask? Internet access, of course.

3. Your car dies: the only car you can afford, without going into serious debt, is a demo model that doesn’t have working air conditioning or heat. Assuming that it cannot be fixed (or that you can’t afford the repair, could you get by with that car? I'd probably gripe, but yes, we'd get by.

4. If remote controls ceased to exist tomorrow, would you watch less television or about the same amount? Now that's food for thought! It would have to be "less", because a remote is pretty necessary for the DVR we just added. I'm watching late-night TV for the first time in years!

5. Take the quiz: Which Remote Button Are You?




You Are Pause



Compared to most people, you are reflective and thoughtful.

You're always willing to take a break and digest everything that's happened.



You are patient with life. You are happy to sit back and let things unfold.

You're not in a hurry. You're content to take things at someone else's pace.


6. What percentage of mail that you send to friends and family is email versus snail mail? In a perfect world, which would you most prefer? Probably 90% is email, but there's really precious little of that. I mostly use snail mail to pay certain bills. Snail mail is much nicer, even though I seldom use it these days.

3 comments:

  1. Donna, I'm right there with you. Cable tv would be the first thing to go, but my Internet access... I'd go nuts without it!

    btw, found via Patrick's Place, and your post here just gave me the best laugh. Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't seem to survive without that Internet connection. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as I have a computer I think I could do without a TV but give me a/c in my car. It was a hot day here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could easily let go of my cable tv also...
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!