Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's a good day for shopping

Cliff had some coupons for Harbor Freight Tools that he's been anxious to use. I suggested today might be a good day for it, since it's raining and cold. We didn't leave till almost noon, and Cliff leaves for work at 3:30, so we had to watch the time.

Now as much as Cliff loves Harbor Freight, to me it's the most boring store ever known to woman. However, there are all sorts of more interesting places to shop near there, so I had Cliff drop me off in a strip mall across the street.

I've never been to Pottery Barn until today, and was surprised to find items of interest there. They had quite a few things like patio furniture and chairs at what seemed to me a reasonable price. However, I didn't spend a lot of time there; I strolled on down to Hobby Lobby, another store I wouldn't normally choose.

Remember this about me: I don't really enjoy shopping.

Now Hobby Lobby was a more interesting place. I put several cute little outdoors-y things in my cart, but put most of them back before checking out. I came this close to buying a garden gnome for my flowerbed, just to give my daughter the creeps when she comes visiting. But with the soft, religious music playing in the background, I couldn't bring myself to do that to her; maybe sometime in Walmart.

Somewhere in the store a couple of women got into a shouting match about who was blocking the aisle; I half thanked the Lord I wasn't in their vicinity, and half wished I was, so I could have watched. They kept up their yelling for about five minutes. Maybe Hobby Lobby needs to play their music a little louder.

Cliff said Harbor Freight was out of half the things they had on sale, but they gave him rain checks. He said it was so crowded there, he could hardly get through the aisles.

So, we had our little shopping spree. Now Cliff gets to head to work for the last time this week.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got out to shop and home again safely without any difficulty in Hobby Lobby. People are a trip for sure. Nice Cliff has a 3 day weekend. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman?
    Don't.
    You.
    Dare.

    ::shudder::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gnomes ARE creepy! What are you thinking?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!