Friday, January 02, 2009

My day

Cliff had no projects going today, and his back has been made of glass lately so he's almost afraid to do anything. So, we shopped. Bear in mind that neither of us really likes to shop, but we did. I had $15 in Kohl's coupons and cash to spend, and an item to return. Walking in, I saw a sign that said something about "90%" off and "final clearance", and I had to look. It was mostly summer tops, and I came home with several.

Now next summer when you see pictures of me in this blog wearing the same old stained, worn T-shirts as ever, you'll wonder what happened to all these tops. That's just how I do things. But these will look nice hanging in the closet.

I'm a bargain biddy, remember? I may never wear any of those tops, but by george, I can brag about getting them for $2.80...



and $1.60.

Sam's Club is in the same vicinity as Kohl's, so we stocked up on a few items there.

Then we had zuppa, salad and bread sticks at Olive Garden. Yum.

Cliff needed some things from Home Depot, and while he gathered what he needed, I found more bargains on Christmas decorations!

Cliff got a $25 gift card for Hy-Vee at work, so we used that for a few grocery items.

Yes friends, it was a real red-letter day for this bargain-biddy.


We came home and then rode the motorcycle for an hour or so.

Oh, the guy who boards his horses here came to pay up, and I found out his horses have put on weight too; he didn't realize how much until he put a saddle on Tude the other day and the girth strap was too short, just like happened with Blue. That'll make it much easier on us, because we'll simply limit feed for the whole group, and Blue won't have to be confined.

10 comments:

  1. Natalie and I came to visit, and saw the motorcycle was gone. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrads!!!....i love a bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno if you know me well enough yet to know how much I love a good bargain, too. In fact, my Dear Hubby LOVE thrift stores!!! Outside of my underwear - which I just have to buy new - most of my clothes are great buys I find in secondhand stores. I only buy the BEST labels, don'tcha know, haha! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I that is, love the thrift stores. Sheeeeeeeeeeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anyone who doesn't love a bargain. I'm never lucky enough to usually find the ones you discovered. Lucky you.

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good deal on those pretty tops. They will look so pretty hanging in your closets LOL. Glad the weather was pretty for you two to ride for a while. Good for Blue mot having to be put up by himself. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really did get some bargains. I love Kohls sales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like bargains too! Nice tops..even if you don't ear them...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:19 AM

    if my "girls" had not done so well with Christmas gifts...we would check out Kohl's...but we only have so much closet space...LOL..so we opted to stay home...I am blessed LOLOL!!!!! but like you a bargain is a bargain needed or not...why they make nice gifts from time to time also...God Bless..hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you had a really good day! To end it with a ride on the bike is the best in my book!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!