Monday, January 12, 2009

Well now, look what the mailman brought today!


In one of my Christmas nostalgia posts I mentioned how much I loved bubble lights as a child. Several readers left comments telling me where I might find some. I really thought no more about it until the last comment was made to that post.

A reader with whom I've never had any interaction said she and her husband enjoy my blog. They'd found some bubble lights and just wanted my address so they could send them to me.

I offered to pay for them, but the sweet lady declined, and I learned long ago that if somebody wants to give you something, you should accept it gracefully.

Today I received their wonderful gift. Next year, Christmas will be very special indeed.

These folks have a website where they sell some delightful products HERE. They did not ask me to mention them, but I'm happy to put in a word for them. They sell aprons, potholders, tea towels similar to those my mother used to make, and cookbooks.

I appreciate this Texas couple who wanted to give me a gift just because "we really enjoy reading about your adventures".

Rick and Jan, I'll be sending you a book of my poems. Watch your mail.

Thank you SO much!

Oh, and I have another post about stuff from my Grandma tomorrow. Stay tuned.

10 comments:

  1. Make me feel all warm and cozy inside knowing there are people like this in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you will be looking forward to next Christmas. Don't worry it will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember the bubble lights too. As a child, I was always fascinated with them. I still think they are just wonderful. There are still so many nice and caring people in this world. I hope you will having a great week.
    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good things happen to good people.
    They are a very nice couple indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice of that couple to send them to you. Now don't forget where you store them and can't find them next Christmas LOL. I probably would do that very thing. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really nice of them. :) Hope you have a great week. Blessings, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say that (lol) I was a switchboard operator at a hospital. lol Don't know the song that your parents sang. Don't know where you live. Blessings, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What nice people there are in the world. They knew you would love these lights. I have ONE bubble light and it's a night light. I use it all winter long. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful surprise! Goes to show you there are still many good thoughtful folks in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was soooo nice of them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!