Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's a dog's life

Our mobile home faces south, and in winter the sun shines into our home quite nicely; on a sunny day, our furnace doesn't run much, even in wintertime. Solar heat! Sadie loves to stretch out in the sunlight streaming through the living room window.

Cliff's sister, Rena, works three twelve-hour days each week. Add to that a couple of hours commuting time each day, and you can see why we bring her dog, Angel, over here in the mornings on days Rena works. I usually let her stay until after dinner sometime and take her home around 2 P.M.

Angel seems to prefer taking in the sunlight in our bedroom.




There's something the still picture didn't show, however; so I made a brief video of Angel. Her tail is in the shadows and is difficult to see, but if your sound is on, you'll hear it pat-pat-patting against the floor. I guess she's happy to have someone photographing her.

8 comments:

  1. My beagle used to love the sunny spot on the kitchen floor too. I wish I had a sunny spot right now. I'm sun deprived for sure.
    Thanks for the SMILE today and brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous... It's been so cold here all -I- want to do is lie in the sun and get warm LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you told us what that knocking was all about since I couldn't see that tail LOL. Our girls love that sunsbine coming in also. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our mobile home is so weird... one end is hot and the other is freezing... and we do't really understand why because each end gets sun.

    Our cats love the sunlight too, they sleep in it whenever they can

    Have a great weekend
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's the life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they look so comfy and content. I actually laughed at her tail going ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Bear always finds those sunny spots, esp. in winter. I typically decide he's right and lay down on the floor with him.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!