Friday, January 09, 2009

Cliff's three-day weekend

Cliff has done fine throughout his first four-day work week, sleeping at least six hours each day; that's the normal amount for him, and he's gotten by fine. So now, what to do with our three days.

The weather-guessers/liars have said all week that today would be near 60 degrees. If that were true, we could go for a motorcycle ride. However, I see that forecast has already degenerated to "high 51, showers this afternoon". Scratch the ride.

We attended the Biker Church Sunday. (Pastor Bob doesn't really like his place of worship put into that box, but hey... lots of bikers go there. And the first thing you see when you walk inside is a classic Harley sitting in the foyer. And they hold "Biker Sunday" every year!) While there, we heard a mention of the Wide Open Motorcycle Show, and we're thinking that might be a destination today. In the car, not on the motorcycle. We avoid riding the motorcycle in the city when possible. Especially with cold rain in the forecast.

We'll pick up Grandma's music box while we're out.

And we'll still have two days of weekend left.

I found this little saying over at "On The Bright Side" that really made me think: "
May there be a miracle in YOUR life today, and may you have the EYES to SEE it!"

How many miracles to we miss seeing because we take them for granted, or because we're preoccupied with other things?

4 comments:

  1. Every breath and every heartbeat is a miracle - spending time in hospitals with my dad has taught me that. (Thanks for the reminder to be grateful!)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked that thought about having the eyes to see it...It is one of my favorites and is in every newsletter that I write. Each and every day is filled with them. Hope your Friday is a great one! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather has turned off cold and it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Sixties would have been nice for yall. Sorry the weather has turned too cold for a ride. Biker Church sounds interesting! I checked out the Bright Side, I really like that blog, will have to keep it. In the winter I need all the brightness I can get. ;) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are soooo many miracles we just take for granted indeed

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!