Saturday, January 10, 2009

Patrick's Saturday Six


Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal at Patrick's Place so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!

1. Which of the following methods of travel do you most prefer: plane, train or automobile? I love road trips... so, Automobile!

2. What is the furthest distance you have traveled by each method listed above? I've flown to Virginia twice; that's a long way from here. I've been on a car trip to the Carolinas with my friend Lona. It's been so long, I forget whether it was North or South Carolina, but that's probably my longest road trip. Cliff and I can't seem to get any further than Colorado. The longest train trip I've taken is a scenic narrow-guage ride in Colorado; I think it lasted for three or four hours one way.

3. When flying, do you prefer to fly during the daytime or during the night? Daytime, so I can look down and see the earth!

4. Take the quiz: What’s Your Travel Personality?

My results say "easygoing": "When you travel, you're looking for a lot of downtime. Vacations are your chance to recoup.
All you need is a scenic spot and plenty of time on your hands. You'll figure out the rest.
You're not one to make lots of plans when you travel. You just follow whatever path seems right."

5. If you had the chance to take a one-year vacation and spend that time traveling anywhere in the country you wanted by motor home, would you do it, and if so, where would you most likely wind up? You bet I'd do it, if it were only up to me. Cliff would be a different story. I don't know where I'd wind up, but I'd make sure to be someplace warm in winter (near my sister in Mission, Texas perhaps?), and I'd see Washington, D.C. again, and definately Montana and the Grand Canyon and...

I don't think a year is enough. I want to see this whole country!

6. Do you have any superstitions or rituals you rely on before or during a big trip? Nope, I just say a prayer or two. I even do that while riding the motorcycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!