Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fast Friends: Fast, but not Loose

original artwork by Kathy. Please ignore the spelling. That's what makes it so charming. LOL


"The Friends Award isn't about being the most popular blogger or having the most read blog. It is just because you consider the author a friend. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I received this award from Kathy, one of my long-time AOL journal friends. There's no way I can pick out eight people to receive it, though. I consider so many of my faithful readers to be my friends.

When Cliff went into the hospital unexpectedly for open heart surgery, I came home and did a journal entry about it. The next time I peeked in, that entry had 85 comments from caring people. I don't know why it helps in times of crisis to see people saying, "I care" in one form or another. But it does.

Then there was the time that Mandy, my dog, got hit on the highway and died. Sixty-six people expressed their concern.

So if you've ever reached out to me in any small way, whether in times of joy or sorrow, consider yourself a recipient of the above award.

I am so grateful that our AOL journals were able to be transferred to Blogger, even though most of the pictures didn't transfer; there are so many memories in my old journal.

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. When I took the bad fall off one of my horses I got tons of comments from well wishers. Then when I lost Buddy last fall people really sent me the nicest messages and it really helped knowing that so many people cared. It's a nice community out there in Blogsville except for the occasional stinker.
    Are you going to post your bread pudding recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right - we have many friends because of our journals. To recieve kind thoughts and words of encouragment from some wonderful people is a truly awesome thing.

    I too am glad we could all transfer over here to blogger so we can keep those friendships.

    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award.

    Have a good day
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Donna, these little awards become a dilemma, don't they?

    My mother used to say, "you have to be a friend to make a friend".

    I think she was correct. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Yours has already been overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award. Hope you are having a great week. Blessings, Janie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!