Saturday, January 31, 2009

Today's motorcycle ride

First off, let me tell you it wasn't a fun ride. Oh, it was fine when we were heading north, toward home. But the intense wind took the fun out of most of the trip; still, it was nice to get out on a day when the temperature made it up to 70 degrees.

There's a farm store in Warrensburg that Cliff likes to browse through, so that was our destination. On the way down, I mentioned that I've always wanted to see the statue on the square of "Old Drum", so we went there first.

I love old courthouses.


We found Old Drum.


It was so warm and pleasant, a lady was sitting there reading a book.

Finally, I got to see the statue. Unfortunately I didn't get to see his grave, because I wasn't able to find out exactly where it is.

Be sure to read the story of Old Drum. I think he looks a lot like my pesky neighbor dog, Buddy.


I enjoyed the pictures painted on buildings near the square, too.


And all the old buildings. This used to be the Masonic Temple.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Can't believe this is the first time you saw the statue of Old Drum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the statue of Old Drum. We have a nice looking court house in our county. We pass it everytime we go to the ranch.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!