Sunday, January 04, 2009

Best posts of 2008

That's the topic for the Sunday Seven meme over at Patrick's Place.

The more I thought about it, the more I knew I wouldn't be participating in this one. The only way I would be able to determine "best posts" out of all this more-or-less mundane stuff I write would be to pick out the entries most commented on. That would require me to do a lot of reading and re-hashing my own words. I get sleepy just thinking about it.

I think not. Nothing in my blog is all that important, in the grand scheme of things.

I notice some bloggers have a widget that allows the reader to vote on each entry, with choices like this: boring, useful, outstanding, and so on (or in Remo's case, "typical Remo"). I am so scared of criticism, I won't add one of those to my blog! If you think I'm boring, I don't want to know about it... just go away.

However, it's a good subject for a Sunday Seven. For those who write memorable posts. If you have some "best posts" for the past year, go on over to Patrick's Place and get the meme, being sure to leave a link to your entry there when you're done.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about best posts, donna, but when i think of you I think of a kind and honest post that you made to my blog of over a year ago. I was going through a "tough time" and honesty was what i needed right at that time.....thank-you for your "best comment"
    loopy back from the cottage/cabin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 AM

    You are not boring! I like reading your posts. They are a sample of America. Yesterday I searched your old posts and made your turkey frame soup. I used frozen thyme from my summer garden. It is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:53 AM

    I would be hard pressed to pick out one of your blogs as the favorite...they all are favorites..God Bless...hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your posts too, you must know that as I keep coming back. You write about a lot of different things past and present which I find very interesting. Nothing boring.

    I read PW's post too and watched the video. I was a little upset that they didn't have a riding helmet on those two children riding the burros, the second one you can see the little burro kicking out and what if it connected with the little boys face? Don't mean to be an old fuddy duddy but it did bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always read your posts and I've said before I'm amazed at some of the topics you come up with, but I'm like you I wouldn't want to go back and pick out what I think is the best. 'OnYa'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could identify with your thoughts on the best entries of 2008. I write about lots of boring everyday stuff and I didn't think I would even want to re-read it again let alone go through 2008 again. LOL. So glad we are on to the 2009 and the happy new stuff can begin. Happy New Year by the way even though I am way late getting here. Much hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to your journal, and I don't think it's boring. I'm enjoying reading about your country life more because it's so far from my 'small town/suburbia type of life. I've learned during the last few years of blogging that we are all alike and yet so different. And you have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!