Sunday, January 11, 2009

Help solve the mystery


This is attached to the bottom of Grandma's music box. It's easy to make out "Bill Bailey". Click on the picture to make it larger.

Cliff thinks the other song is "Sunset Saturday Night". I don't agree on the sunset part, but that word definitely starts with the letter "S".

Help us figure out the other song, so perhaps we can google it.

Note: I think it's "Sweet Saturday Night"; I can't find any lyrics, but it googles up some book by that name examining songs from the 1840's to the 1920's; there's also a song by that name that the Archies sang, but that's a whole different song. I'd buy that book, but it's listed as "antique" even though it was written in the 1960's. I don't think I want to pay $80 for a book just to see the lyrics and history of one song.

8 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure it says "Sweet Saturday Night", you don't have to buy the book, order it from your library on inter-library loan
    http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/1164224&tab=holdings?loc=66061#tabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are right about the title of that song. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely read it as "Sweet Saturday Night."

    How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Saturday's are sweet. I love a good mystery. Hope you find the answer. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read it as Sweet Saturday Night... let us know if you ever find out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mo, I think it says, "Sweet Saturday Night!" Try putting those words into Ask.com. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, it's Sweet Saturday Night:

    http://www.librarything.com/work/6134085

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!