Monday, January 12, 2009

Good news!

I was reading "On The Bright Side" this morning and saw this: "67 DAYS UNTIL SPRING! and "AND 81 DAYS UNTIL CAMPING SEASON BEGINS".

Why, sixty-seven days till spring is practically no time at all. Even better news is that it's less time than that until we can plant lettuce and peas. Less time also until tulips bloom and buds on the trees start to swell. We'll start seeing the signs if spring long before it gets here.

Cliff loved his three-day weekend and packed it full of fun things: A motorcycle ride Friday, the bike show on Saturday followed by football games on TV (one excellent game, according to him), and Church yesterday morning followed by more football games.

He had no problem sleeping for at least six hours each workday last week, and that's going to get better this week. Instead of working 4:30 to 3 A.M., his shift has been moved back an hour, so it's 3:30 (which is the time he's gone in to work for years) to 2 A.M.
This will move more of his sleeping time to actual "night-time", and I think he'll get more sleep.

At the Bike show, we saw the antique motorcycle that sits in the foyer of the "biker Church" we sometimes attend. It's one year newer than Cliff's first motorcycle, the one he had when he was seventeen years old.

This is the scan of the beat-up and battered picture Cliff carried in his wallet for years; my daughter had it restored to a much better quality; unfortunately, I can't find that one on my computer and it's too early to go looking for a picture to scan.

The guy in the picture with the antique motorcycle invited us to "Biker Sunday" at the church, and I told him we were there last weekend and would probably be there for Biker Sunday too. We went last year. What a crowd!

I've rambled enough this morning. Over and out. This is me signing off: In the words of my brother-in-law Pat, I'm "walking in favor and living the dream".


2 comments:

  1. I'm dreaming of Spring for sure. 21 degrees and lots of snow on the ground here today. Hope your Monday is a great one!
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like ya had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!