Saturday, January 24, 2009

Looking toward spring

Cliff had to buy license for our pickup yesterday.

We can drive eight miles to the license bureau and stand in line for an hour, or we can go on across the river to Richmond, where there's a branch inside the Orschelns store that always seems to get us through in ten minutes or less.



While Cliff was getting his license plate (by the way, this is for the pickup we thought was old enough to have a one-time, antique plate; turns out we can't do that until it's 25 years old), I strolled the aisles and came upon some garden seeds that were five packets for one dollar. What a small price to pay for a ray of hope! Yes, it's still winter; but if we had a time when the ground thawed briefly, I could sow that lettuce and it would be just fine. The peas and radishes can be planted in March. I've seen it snow on peas and not hurt them at all.

Recently I was sitting in a dentist office and discovered a magazine called "Missouri Life".

I came home, looked up the website, and subscribed. This is just what Cliff and I need to plan our motorcycle jaunts! It's always more fun riding if we have a destination in mind, and this is the very thing to help us plan.


In this first issue we received, Mexico, Missouri is featured. There's nothing that cures the winter doldrums like dreaming about spring and summer activities.

10 comments:

  1. I'm dreaming too and of course that is about my little snow covered place in the woods...
    It won't be long now and Spring will be here and meantime we have those dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get Arizona Life when I was younger. Hmm I think I will check to see if there is a Georgia Life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have our summer plans to always look forward to, and the garden in the spring (if we start early enough to beat the weeds :o) Come on spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mexico is not far from Columbia...get east, get east! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great deal on the seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu know...Arkansas is right below Missouri...hint hint hint...LOL

    Great find!

    Have a good day...
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Springs eternal and all that. Even the packets look inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. We are both preparing for our vacation already. Cool!

    Yes, the warm and beautiful scenery, and the experience of it all should please the eyes, the heart and the soul. That's what good vacation is all about.

    Hope you get to go to those nice places.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is Cliff a new type of motorcycle LOL. Helen
    http://dlmj1972.blogspot.com/2009/01/weird-motorcycle-photo-of-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those seeds were an excellent deal. If you wait till growing season, they will be $2.50 each or more.

    We get a montly AAA car insurance magazine that is specialized for our state and every issue shows places in Colorado to visit. I love reading the articles in it. I don't know if Colorado has it's own magazine. Hmmm...I will have to look into that.

    I'm already thinking of summer. There is a group of us in the Mountain Shadow Riders taking a trip to Texas for the Women on Wheels Ride-in. I can't wait. I know it will be a little hard, as it will be alot of miles, but it should be fun with the group going. Have fun planning your summer rides.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!