Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blue saying "hello"

I went for a brief ride today; for some time I've been trying to get a video that includes Blue whinnying. Today I was successful.

Early in the video, it appears that I'm falling off my horse. Not so. A dog jumped out of the weeds and spooked Blue a little (because I was making a video rather than paying attention to the ride). Blue jumped sideways about two feet and I instinctively reached for the saddle horn with the hand holding the camera. I only wish I'd had the presence of mind to show you the beagle that scared us.

Blue isn't bothered by dogs; it was the surprise element that made him jump.

With that said, here's a three-minute horseback ride that includes Blue shouting a greeting to some horses.


9 comments:

  1. That is so amazing. Blue really is saying hello to the other horses. They are glad to see their own kind. Amazing!

    Thanks for sharing and appreciate your effort including the scary part when Blue got spooked.

    Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was kinda fun. I haven't trotted that long in forever! LOL Maybe more scenery next time? Loved him hollering at everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was amazing how quickly Blue recooped and and went right on with the walk after getting scared that way. I am surprised that you didn't drop your camera. I can see he gets a good workout. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great ride. So nice Blue is a sociable fellow. Those other horses came right over to say hi too. Thanks once more for the chance to get out on the road for a few minutes. 'On Ya' -ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ride and I loved hearing Blue 'talking'! I always get so envious as you have so many wonderful places to ride. We have so few now and just lost another one. The campground down the road from the stable always let us ride the trails there but it went belly up this fall so now is all blocked off. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your snow is gone. Blue has a nice gate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the 'ride', that was fun. Blue has a nice 'voice'.

    Looks like you were blessed with a beautiful day to go for an outting on Blue.

    You have been busy the past few days.....with all your 'comings and goings' to and fro.

    Glad you and Cliff can enjoy those long week-ends. Makes the 'tedious' part of life a little more bearable.

    Take care my friend.....and thanks again for sharing with us.

    Nance in CA

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was sweet taking a ride with you and Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a cool ride. lol Crazy dog! That one horse in the lead light colored with black mane looks kind of like mine. lol Thanks for sharing. Janie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!