Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Virus going around

Not the intestinal thing so many of my blogging buddies have had. Nope. I'm talking about a computer virus.

From what I've heard, this virus seems to come from song-lyric websites. It tried to get me, but I woke up in time to stop it. Cliff's brother's wife didn't catch it in time. It even destroyed her anti-virus.

If you Google for song lyrics, be very careful. If there's a popup telling you your computer has a virus... that popup IS the virus, best I can figure out.

Of course, I've been wrong before.

7 comments:

  1. Nope, you are very right. It took out the components of my anti-virus, wiped out most of my computer's devices, took out my printer drivers and my audio drivers. I had to wipe and re-format. I am being very careful right now. A note to your readers: it is probably something called Antivirus 2009, which IS actually a virus itself, and it can come from a lot of different sites. I've had it pop up three times since getting my computer back. If you shut down and do a scan as soon as it pops up you can catch it before it gets a hold of your hard drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you are probably right! They (the pc gurus) say never to accept or download something that just comes up on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mosie. Any advice like this is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEK. I hate viruses of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks donna, i don't do music on my computer, but my kids do......sticky note time. thanks again!
    loopymama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great...my son is always searching music on my desk top...grrr! It has been running so slow wonder if that is what is up with it...hope not..Thanks for the heads up! TerryAnn

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!