Friday, January 23, 2009

Do you have advice for my blogging friend?

I'll be sixty-five in July. So far I don't have to worry about Medicare because Cliff is working; so we have wonderful insurance.

If you have experience with Social Security and Medicare, Pat could surely use any advice you have for her.

Her blog entry is a wake-up call for me, since it wouldn't take much to put me in the same ill-fitting shoes she's wearing, only with three times the spending money she gets each month.

Go on over there and advise her if you can.

4 comments:

  1. Even though I'm still working I was told to sign up for Medicare a and b as my insurance coverage changes to a different plan with 65 You might want to check on that with Cliff's coverage. I'd previously thought I get the same, but no, Medicare pays first then my work coverage pays 2nd. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to Ma. SS also advices you to sign up as you will have to wait until open enrollment if you do not sign up by 65th BD. Most employers insurance change when someone is 65. It usually becomes a supplement policy after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't realize you did this.. thanks !

    not sure when cliff has to sign up with SS, I think not until he's 69, but don't quote me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any advice, good or bad, but I do know my sister signed up early for SS and then added insurance when she turned 65. Hope Pat makes out okay.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!