Thursday, January 01, 2009

How I spent New Year's Eve

Cliff's sister Rena came over after Cliff got home at 9 o'clock PM.

We watched the first DVD in the Johnny Cash Show set. I love those old clips from the Johnny Cash Show.

Cliff kissed me at midnight; then he gave his sister a kiss.

We watched Robbie Knievel do his big jump. I love daredevils and outlaws.

It's one of the best New Year's Eves I've had, topping off one of my best years ever.

My best years, though, were the ones when I had my babies: 1967 and 1969.

And this, to the love of my life:


God bless us all.

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Years Day! I'm glad you had such a happy 2008 and may 2009 be even more that you could wish.
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, the story was told by Carter to his staff and they thought he was telling a tall tail but he had the proof in the film taken by a fellow fishman. The photo is in the Jimmy Carter library and was reported at the time. you can google the story on the net.
    Jimmy Carter is a good man I am sure but he didn't make a good president. Too honest perhaps.
    Glad you had a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you, Cliff and Sadie. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:27 AM

    Happy New Year to you and the "gang"...looking forward to many more readings of your blog..it just makes my day!! God Bless..hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting kisses on New Years Eve is still the BEST! Happy New Years Donna. Lovingly, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment on my hair! I hope you have a great new years :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New year, hope its another good one for you
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you all had a good New Years! I hope '09 is good to us both!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!