Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just call me Speedy!

I've been quite free with my complaints about Embarq at times. That's the advantage of having a blog: When I complain, there's somebody out there to hear me. I seem to feel better after I've ranted and raved about things that frustrate me.

Here's a strange thing: Every time I rant about Embarq online, one of their customer-service people finds that complaint and leaves a comment offering to help. I assume they use search engines to find such items.

My Internet connection had been slow ever since we relocated last summer. I couldn't seem to get any satisfaction out of Embarq for quite a while, but finally I managed to at least get my price lowered so that I wasn't paying for more speed than I was actually getting.

But it was so S L O W on some of my favorite sites, like Pioneer Woman and Patrick's Place, it reminded me of the old dial-up days. I got tired of sitting here waiting for a blank page to load, and again complained, right here. Embarq Joey emailed me, reminding me that he had offered me to help back in November. I thought then that I could put up with slow DSL for a lower bill: wrong! Joey and I exchanged emails, and he gave me a phone number where I could reach him if nobody showed up to fix the problem.

An Embarq service person came out last week and did something to the telephone lines between here and town; I then upgraded to the highest speed available to me (nothing to brag about, but twice what I had been receiving before). Much better!

Embarq Joey, thanks for your help; I can really tell a difference now. If I can find time to complain about my telephone company, then surely I can give them a good word when things come together and work out for me.


6 comments:

  1. Glad you are gettign some help with your service. Nothing much worse then slow internet.

    I'm with you on the cookies. We buy them from one of T and D's little cousins but I hate having them in the house. We don't need them, we both are too fat, and they aren't that great anyway. Now I pack them up and send them to hubby's office where there are more people that don't need them either but at least it gets them out of my sight. Probably would be better if I fed them to the turkeys! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that they got things to running faster for you. I have found that some blogs are slower to load than others, some I hit the refresn tab to get to come on up. One blog every time I pull it up will hang my internet up every single time no matter what browser I use. I love to read it though so I start fresh several times LOL. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a disappointment and got one of my favorite neighbor's mad at me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a difficult time with Pioneer Woman too...it must be a very large program. My complaining gets me on hate lists. hahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it's doing better now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got results

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!