Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Wing Ding

Ever since we bought our first Honda Gold Wing, we've wanted to attend Wing Ding, an annual Gold Wing motorcycle rally; it's held around the Fourth of July at various cities across the country.

In 2006 it was held in Nashville, and we were making our plans to attend when Cliff, in April of that year, had a very un-anticipated open heart surgery. He was in no shape to ride a motorcycle that far, a short three months later. In 2007 the rally was held in Montana, which is farther than we care to ride a motorcycle, much as I'd love to see Montana. In 2008, it was in South Carolina. Again, that's a long motorcycle trip. Very long.

This year it's in Tulsa, Oklahoma. A mere hop, skip and jump away. I imagine we could be there in six hours.

We'll have to change the time of our annual reunion, which is always held here on July 4. But that shouldn't be too hard. If our son plans to come for his annual visit this year, we'd let him choose the dates he'd like to be here. He's the only one who lives a long distance away, so we could have our family get-together any old time, really.

So if we're going, I have reservations to make and T-shirts to order.

And I'm looking over all the fun things to do, like this: "Wing Ding attendees will have the opportunity to visit Blue Bell for a guided tour during Wing Ding 31. In 1992, Blue Bell built its Broken Arrow facility, located southeast of Tulsa, Oklahoma. This guided tour offers a short video about Blue Bell and how they make their ice cream and a FREE scoop of ice cream!"

Hey, I don't get out much. That sounds like fun to me!

Looking at the schedule, I see there's a time slot for weddings? Hmm, maybe Cliff and I should renew our vows. (I'm just kidding; I hate weddings.)

I think we'll go! I'm crossing fingers and toes hoping that no unexpected health issues interfere this year.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:02 PM

    Hope you get to go. Tulsa is just a nice days drive from your place. And doesn't Ree live near Tulsa? Go stay at her new lodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! I'm happy for you and all, but I need Jim to respond soon! I have to put in my vacation request soon, and I like to take extra time when he's in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping all works out in your favor and you'll soon be posting the pictures. Take care and enjoy your tomorrow,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:25 PM

    sounds like fun in the making...sure hope all works out for you...God Bless..hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got my fingers crossed for ya girl!!!! Sounds like fun!
    da loop

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!