Monday, January 26, 2009

It's that time of year

I notice I don't have half as many updated blogs to read lately. Everyone seems to suffer a slump this time of year.

Even my own blog bores me silly. Let's face it, when you're reduced to blogging about Medicare and the stocking caps you own, it's a desperate situation.

Cliff and I do take our daily walk, covering our mouths and faces in the coldest weather. Sadie doesn't even notice the temperature, but romps and chases after sticks as usual. I could tell you stories about her (with illustrations or videos) but it's all been done and seen before.

I take my camera everywhere, but nothing seems camera-worthy. The landscape is dull brown; the sun doesn't shine. I'd love some snow, but I'm not optimistic that we'll get enough to brag about.

Cliff, who could never understand my preoccupation/addiction to the Internet in the past, spends four hours at a time on the laptop surfing Craigslist and Yesterday's Tractors. What else can one do when it's this cold? He went to clear brush Saturday, but his feet got numb after an hour or so. Yesterday I said to him, "That laptop is a nice little time-passer, isn't it?"

And he agreed.


Today we went to Sam's Club, Cliff, Rena and I. I didn't need a thing; I just wanted to do something outside this house. I bought some oranges and strawberries, hoping those would give me a taste of sunshine.

Rena treated us to lunch at Smokestack Barbecue; I ordered fried cauliflower and made it my entire meal: I love that stuff!

Time does drag, this time of year. I guess at my age, that's a good thing; might as well make what's left of my life stretch out a little longer.

I'm going to sit down with my guitar and sing a few folks songs and ramble down memory lane. Perhaps I'll conjure up some long-forgotten tale from my past.

10 comments:

  1. I think you are right about winter blogging... just not as many activities going on with us... not as much to blog about.

    I'm making my readers look at pics I took of my kiddos. LOL How exciting is that??

    I'm going to a ladies night out for our church tonight -- maybe I'll take a long my camera. That could be fun! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely identify with the winter slump - I think just about everybody is experiencing it. I haven't had anything to write about lately but complaints. I feel old & boring......

    I also feel that blogging hasn't been quite the same since we were all kicked out of AOL. I've lost many of my readers (admittedly, I probably scared some of them away with my radical political rants!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Donna, I am Lynne from Connecticut and I do enjoy reading your blog. I have recently started my own blog, come on by sometime. I have just started blogging after being a "lurker" for quite sometime, so I hope I dont bore people. I am just getting into it.
    Take care
    Lynne
    http://lynne-dancelikenooneiswatchin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I understand! I haven't been too inspired to write much like others here. Perhaps it is winter. But, I am glad to hear about friend califlower! YUM! I want some of that..but I don't know of any places here that serve it! Yes...lap tops are wonderful! I've been staying warm in the bed with mine lately, since it's been so dern cold! Comfy and convienient! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had fried califlower but I bet I would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Donna I've been on Facebook and MySpace uploading videos of my brother singing...how dull is that !!! I don't blog but I do check out the internet and I enjoy trying new things with my little video clips that I have taken with my camera...so I guess time is not ALL wasted.....but then what good are all these little snippettes going to do me in the end of it all? ROFL !!! Oh well....it does pass the time when it's dreary out.

    You keep it up girlfriend.....we love your stories and your BLOG about anything you do.

    Hi to Cliff !! Blessings, Nance in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seem to write more about the weather than anything. It's not worthy of so much time and attention either. The internet is a great passtime for those like me that cannot get out in the evenings but stuck in the house.
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I think after the Christmas season dies down and we have about 3 weeks of solitude and hibernating - we start to get restless. I love a cloudy day but will admit to how my mood is lifted when we see the sun. In the summer, my mood is lifted by a clouded day. Weird huh? I guess we just need breaks from the norm regardless.
    Sitting here at lunch and I guess I need to go back to work. Can't believe you didn't buy much at Sam's. We go crazy when we go to 'stock up'. Never had fried cauliflower. Hmm. Never even heard of fried cauliflower. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree. I have trouble figuring out what to write about... LOL until I start writing... and then it just pours out of me... sometimes I just can't stop myself LOL. Anyhow, with a custody battle this year and a mortgage battle last year I suppose I have been soap opera entertaining at times. I can always bore my readers by complaining about my ex to get through the winter doldrums. I didn't know you play guitar Mosie. Well hope you have a wonderful day and maybe the snow will come soon. Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am afraid a lot of the old AOLers have stopped updating. I am guility of not writing. Only so much you can write about 4 walls.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!