Monday, January 31, 2011

So, how's the weight loss going?

I'll bore you with the tedious details.  It isn't going.  Cliff and I are at a plateau.  
It's winter, so there isn't a lot of activity going on.  That may be a small part of the problem, but it isn't the chief reason.  
Oh, we're eating all the right things, and none of the wrong ones.  NONE!  I omit nothing in my daily report; I even add the calories found in my daily coffee creamer, which totals 50 for the day.
We're just eating too much of the right things.  Look at this chart from Sparkpeople.com, which tracks my calories and nutrients for the past few days (click on it to see it better):  


Yesterday I did well, staying under 1,300 calories.  The day before?  Not so well.  
It would really be easier if all these storms would cease and desist.  Oh, the reason for so few calories thus far today is that I've only entered my calcium, fish-oil, and multi-vitamin; I try to wait until at least 6 A.M. before I eat breakfast.  
I keep telling myself that as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm winning.  

6 comments:

  1. The winter time makes it hard on most of us. Not gaining is a great thing. Hang in there...Spring will come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise is supposed to trigger metabolic changes and sometimes actually increasing the calorie count for a day or two as I've heard the body senses that it needs to store up. Yes, I'm an expert on dieting and losing weight. NOT!!!!! lol Good luck and enjoy your weather! ha. It's supposed to be rain with a little snow here and thirty degrees difference in temps and lots of high winds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindie6:13 AM

    Don't worry. Be heatlthy. Winter requires more calories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you've lost some and aren't gaining;that's normal during the winter. Once spring/summer come and you can be more active, that will improve. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:20 PM

    I actually agree with the "if you are not gaining weight" you are winning theory, since most people gain weight in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think in the winter our bodies hang on to their fat for all their worth! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!