Monday, January 31, 2011

Famous last words

We've had our Mercury Grand Marquis for at least six years.  It doesn't get around well in the snow because it's rear-wheel-drive.  However, we really didn't mind because, after all, it just doesn't snow that often around here.  We went without snow tires for five years; we do have the old pickup, which is four-wheel-drive.  It's a gas-guzzler, but in a pinch, we can get around in the snow by using it.  Oh, and Cliff rides to work with Tony, who has a front-wheel-drive car and a four-wheel-drive pickup.  
Then last winter came around, and we were snowed in for a few days.  We vowed to buy snow tires before another winter, and we followed through on that.  Cliff even had the tires studded.
I said, "You know what's going to happen, don't you?  Now that the car is prepared for snow, there  won't be any measurable snow all winter long."  
Boy, did I ever miss the boat on that one.

7 comments:

  1. We have the threat of more snow here and even in March still get lots of big snows. So here those snow tires get plenty of use. I hope your Monday is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bad news? You were wrong on your prediction. (Oh and we're supposed to get what? 8 to 12 inches of snow?)

    The good news---you're prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we're supposed to get hit again. But I think only 7 or 8 inches. I don't care how much it snows, it's the wind that messes things up. I'll plug the tractors in and hunker down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! No more snow than we got...7 it was a lot for us. I'm sick of it & ready for Spring! I noticed in Wal-mart that they had seeds & the little greenhouse things! I thought of you automatically!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better to have than not to have. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always better to be prepared. Don't worry, your snow tires didn't cause the snow. I have an expensive set of studless snow tires on my SUV and had 4 put on the car that our younger daughter drives, yet we haven't had a single flake since November. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was pretty sure you guys have gotten a lot more snow this year than usual. We've got another system coming through tomorrow. I'm ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!