Monday, January 17, 2011

Playing around with my blog

I found out some new ways to change my blog today:  I clicked on "design", then on "template designer", and then on "advanced", and found out I could change the width of my blog and the width of my sidebar.  I also found out I can now put the last few comments from readers on my sidebar.  Live and learn!  
Vicki commented that she'd like to see some of my "healthified" recipes.  I think I will just set up a new blog for recipes only, because I already do so many entries here, I don't need an excuse to do more.  Besides, I imagine only a small fraction of my readers would be interested in healthy recipes.  When I get it done, I'll add the link to my sidebar.  
Vicki also thought it would be a good idea for me to post before and after pictures of our weight loss.  Well, any recent pictures of me pretty much disguised my pregnant-looking belly and my broad dereirre, and I really prefer that the world not see me from those angles.  You'll just have to take my word for it that I'm losing weight.  I can't tell any difference so far in my appearance, but I can fit back in some jeans that were getting very uncomfortable.  That's a good thing.  I have many smaller sizes I can wear later, depending on how much weight I lose.  

6 comments:

  1. I wish you'd switch to a comment system like Hyperblogal or Midtown M. where you can click "subscribe to comments" at the bottom. I like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do that, Meesha. Beneath the comment window is a box to check that says, "email followup comments".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know but in your system if you forget to click it there is no way to do it without leaving another comment. Many times I miss it and too lazy to comment again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new look of your blog and also the Healthy Eating Blog. I recently started adding labels which is something else you can do in the design portion of blogger. They show up on the side bar and people can go to the recipes that way. My kids are always asking for them and that way they can just go to the blog and click on whatever it is they are looking for. I didn't want to start a separate blog for them but may I will one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, you have a ready made wardrobe for weight loss--that's great! (saves money) I like your blog changes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michaele saved me when she told me where to go for widths and colors for my blog. I know it's a small thing, but I was about to have a stroke... :-P

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!