Sunday, January 02, 2011

After my self-righteous ramble

Karma gets us all.  In a post last Wednesday, I derided those weaklings who consider every cold a calamity and every headache a life-stopping event.  
Guess who hasn't been feeling so well lately?  
My minor cold doesn't feel so minor now.  It's evolved into a killer sore throat and a hacking cough.  Oh, I'll be fine, and I'm not looking for pity.  I just thought some of my readers would like to see me eat crow.  In public.  I'm doing all the usual remedies:  gargling warm salt water, sipping honey-and-lemon.  I've learned that Arthritis Strength Tylenol works better for my pain than ibuprofen.    
It must be something going around like crazy, because I was going to go to the Minute Clinic and see if I could get any relief yesterday, while Cliff visited his brother in the hospital.  There were at least ten people ahead of me and I decided it wasn't worth it; they all looked sicker than me, by the way.  If I'm no better tomorrow, I'll visit the nurse-practitioner at our doctor's office.   
I didn't go to Cliff's brother's room; I sat in the lobby and read on my Nook.  I certainly didn't want to infect anybody else, especially someone who just had a heart attack.   
On a positive note, I felt lousy enough yesterday that I wasn't even tempted to overeat.  Day one of our healthy eating plan was a success.  

11 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I always like to think that the good Lord keeps me humble. Every time I think I'm doing something well, I find myself trying to pick my self up again. Drink plenty of fluids and get your rest. That's the best remedy I know of. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better Donna. I know, we always broadcast our minor woes and make them into mountains so you are not amiss. We all do that. I guess everyone just wants to feel perfect and have no miseries. Colds are certainly bothersome and miserable so you complain all you want. We'll give sympathy and advice on how to get well. lol My personal favorite cold remedy is a Sonic Sunrise b/c it sends that Vitamin C in bubbles throughout your blood stream. It works! I promise. Have a good day. I'm so happy to have time to read blogs!! If I gave up FB I could easily do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have a cold, that's a bummer. I have haven't had it so far but grandson has had a bad one, coughing all night and had to go to the doctor. I hate a sore throat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most certainly allowed to whine! It's horrible to feel too sick to eat. Not a good diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better by tomorrow. Also hope Cliff's brother will soon be home. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a way to start a new year. Sorry to hear you feel miserable. Suffering through a cold is the pits. Hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been having a round of that crude creeping about Eastern Nebraska. My wife and Grandaughter have been coughing and sounding like they'd got into some moldy hay.
    Hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope you achieve a speedy recovery. For sore throat I recommend the use of Chloraseptic spray. It really kills the pain. Yes, it tastes like merde. And so it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you have what CH has. He has been battling it since Christmas Eve. He's better but it just won't let go. He started taking Mucinex Saturday and I think it's working. He lost 7 pounds.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!