Monday, May 18, 2009

I've received an award: The Honest Blogger

Thanks, Amy. I think. Now I am supposed to name ten honest things about myself and pass this award on to seven bloggers.

First off, let me just say that I won't be passing this to others, because I don't like to pick and choose like that. And I believe most of the bloggers I follow are honest. I really don't care for phonies.

Also: I don't think I've practiced deception here, but I do leave many things unsaid. I've often considered setting up a private blog just for the purpose of relating all the antics that go on in this neighborhood on every side. But I know that would be wrong; Cliff and I will have to keep our laughs to ourselves. I'm not one to blog about my love life (you didn't think I had one, eh?), and I don't share my family's dirty laundry.

Now comes the hard part: Ten honest things about me.

1. These days I don't consider myself a very friendly person; the older I get, the more I turn into a cross between Oscar the Grouch, the grinch that stole Christmas, and Scrooge... before his conversion.
2. I dislike housework. No, wait... I HATE housework.
3. It doesn't take a very fancy house or fine furniture to please me.
4. I don't care much for cats, except for one near Washington, DC, named Jakie.
5. I wish neighbors wouldn't let their dogs run the countryside, peeing on everything in sight. I also wish other neighbors wouldn't feed said dogs, which keeps them coming around.
6. I don't enjoy cooking like I used to.
7. I would love to travel a lot, but I get homesick after about a week away from home.
8. I say what's on my mind too often; but I don't always mean what I say to be as hurtful as it turns out to be.
9. A lot of things aren't nearly as black-and-white to me as they were ten years ago.
10. I just wish everybody could get along.

4 comments:

  1. I like all ten but number 9 is me too for sure. For instance ten years ago I thought tattos were not nice. lol Now if I was younger and didn't have swollen ankles I would probably get a small butterfly on one ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me love you even more! I love the new header.....you have a beautiful place! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a good read. Loved the pic on top of your place! It's so pretty! I really didn't realize how it was set up. No wonder you love it!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah so I dont even know if I want to post 10 honest things about me...people might not be able to handle it...lol..sorry i have been missin for so long...have had a lot going on around here...

    kelly

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!