Monday, May 25, 2009

A bright spot in a depressing day

If it's going to rain, I'd much rather we'd get some accumulation. Today it's just drizzled off and on all day, but not much measurable precipitation.

Mike had contacted me this morning saying they might drop by this afternoon; I actually had given up on them, with the rain and all. But around 6 P.M., here they were!

I'm a faithful reader of Meesha's blog, so it was a treat to really meet him and his beautiful daughter, Samantha. I took a picture, but you won't be seeing it here. Mike doesn't want his picture floating around the Internet. I'm pretty sure Meesha must be Russian for Mike. Hmmm, I wonder what the Russian word is for Donna?

Anyway, I was having a bit of a blue day, and these visitors perked me up a bit. I only hope they show up in good weather sometime; Samantha wants a tractor ride, and Cliff likes any excuse to put one of his tractors to work.

At least they got a glimpse of my goldfinches and hummingbirds. And of course, they got to meet my pesky dog, Sadie.

4 comments:

  1. actually the word "Donna" is not a name but has its original "lady" meaning i.e. Donna Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:44 PM

    I could be wrong, but I think Mikael is Russian for Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, here's what I googled about the name: "In Russian Misha is a diminutive for the Russian male name Mikhail."

    As in "Jimmy" for James, etc. An affection nickname, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!