Friday, May 15, 2009

Birds, birds, birds

A while ago I looked out the window next to my computer and saw four goldfinches perched on a post that holds a hummingbird feeder. Excited, I ran in the living room hollering at Cliff, "Look out the window! Look at all those goldfinches!"

Then I thought of my camera, located it, and came back in the computer room to take a picture out the window. When I aimed the camera, they were there. When I snapped and looked up, they were gone; obviously they saw the movement at the window and left.

This is rather like a fisherman telling about "the one that got away", isn't it?


Someone on Youtube commented on my pathetic hummingbird video from the other day, and suggested I look at her videos. Now folks, this woman has hummingbirds. Lots of them. This is NOT my video, I want to stress that. I don't know what part of the country she lives in, but I've never seen that many hummers around my feeder, ever.

4 comments:

  1. My birds always fly away if we move too. I guess she's had this group around awhile so that they are used to her. I think they come back to the same place. We can sit on the patio with them feeding but if we move they fly away. They buzz right by our noses but haven't hit us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:42 PM

    and I would be happy for one to stop by!!!! hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had them like that in the fall when they were migrating. For a couple of years there was one that got almost in my face looking at my camera and it followed my movement and stayed just out of reach of the lens. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, fantastic! I love hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!