Saturday, May 02, 2009

It's been a nice family day

My sister came for dinner; it's the first time I've seen her since her return from Texas. The daughter's family ate tacos with us, as well as Cliff's sister and her son. Oldest grandson arrived later, still in time to see my sister before she left.

Once everyone left, I went outside, and pretty much stayed out. I tried tilling in the garden, but it's still a little too wet. Probably tomorrow, if there's no rain. I spent some time "hoeing around" in the flowerbeds and garden, nipping some weeds in the bud. I also spent some quality time with the new heifer, Bonnie, brushing her to get rid of some of her winter coat (and to get her used to me handling her). She's starting to grow a belly now, and I'm pretty sure I saw her calf moving inside her.

Since I haven't been on the computer much, I thought I'd better check in. But there are still a couple more hours of daylight, and it sure feels good strolling around outside!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a good family togetherness this weekend. There's nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like family! Glad you had such a good time with yours. I agree, it's nice to be outside in the good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you had family today. I like strolling around outside. Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!