Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Will the last one to leave Blogger please turn off the lights?

Time was, I'd get up in the morning, check my Google reader, and lose myself in blogs for two hours (it's OK, I'm an early riser). There'd be anywhere from fifty to one hundred new posts.

This morning, I only had a dozen new posts to read.

I'll admit I've trimmed my list somewhat. Not that much, though.

Facebook and Twitter are the culprits, I suppose, taking all my quality reading away. I may actually have to start reading books again.

Thank goodness Antique Mommy still gives me some food for thought when she posts an entry; she may not give me quantity, but the quality is there. That lady has the ability to listen to her child, really listen, and learn from him. Then she finds the words to blog about it, and I get to learn from him too: I'm sure my family has seen me plenty of times with a straight mouth and curly eyes.

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is becoming very noticeable that people are turning away from blogging. Pity, because you can't write the amount on FB or Twitter what you can put on Blogger. Sometimes, 140 or 256 characters are nowhere near enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they will be back when the novelty wears off. I've heard of a few disgruntled users there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They'll be back. And we'll still be here, right? I've been sort of MIA lately. Not because of any other site, but because of life. I really need to pay more attention to my blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh... I still have close to 200 feeds every morning in my Reader, but I follow a lot of photography, comic, and professional blogs. These aren't as personal as the... well, personal blogs, but I get lots of info, sometimes even information overload. LOL. I agree though that I have seen a downturn in the people like us who write their blogs for themselves and friends and not to make money....

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many outlets to go to on the internet now, it is hard to keep up isnt it. I do love Facebook, and it has taken some time away from blogging for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I TOTALLY AGREE...I MENTIONED THIS IN MY POST YESTERDAY...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!