Friday, May 08, 2009

A conversation with cows (in which I wax poetic)


"LEISURE"

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

By Wm. Henry Davies.


(Wm. Henry Davies (1871-1940) considered as the poet of the tramps).

See? I'm back, sooner than I expected.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Like the MOOOvies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back !! I knew you would be drawn to post a note to us. BTW.....I sure LOVED the video. Those 'babies' are precious ! I just love cows.
    They never lose their 'baby' faces as they get older. In other animals there seems to be radical changes in their appearance from babyhood to adulthood, but cows always have that 'baby-face' look. I think it's the eyes.(just my opinion...lol)

    Anyway....I'm glad you feel better and are out of those doldrums.....have a good evening. And thanks again for the neat little video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the video of the cows, Sadie and all the beautiful birds singing. You live in a very tranquil area it seems.

    Glad you posted that you are okay. I'm one of the ones that worries when you don't post. I won't be posting all next week as we will be away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poem and the video. Donna you have the most melodeus voice. I got tickled at Bonnie chasing Sadie and then she goes and stands behind you. Smart dog! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:22 AM

    Just a good time to sit....and walk....and "stare"....and stop to smell the flowers along the way....!!!! hugs and God Bless...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  6. I REALLY enjoyed this video Donna...I do love the poem also...so very true, we need to stop and stare more...I like to do that. I reckon we are the fortunate ones that can do this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!