Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Who needs a cabin?

My longtime readers have seen plenty of pictures of my cabin in the woods. It came about because Cliff fulfilled a wish of mine for a place where I could go and get away from all the people and traffic around here. There was a time I'd try to spend at least one night a week back there with my dog. Sadie (and Mandy before her) both enjoyed staying at the cabin because they were allowed to sleep on the air mattress with me. And also because there's always something for a dog to do in the woods.

It's been a cold spring, with nights in the 40's and 50's. So that has kept me from sleeping at the cabin. But truth be told, now that we're back here away from the road, I pretty much have all the benefits of the cabin (in my back yard, at least) along with the comforts of home.

I can start a fire in the firepit and watch Sadie nosing around the place.

If I were to take a notion to get on the computer, it's right on the other side of that window. Of course, I could bring the laptop outside with me, too.

I can enjoy the sunset in peace and quiet.

I have an Internet radio to play my Pandora stations for me.

And there's a bathroom and a kitchen and running water. Oh, and air conditioning when it's hot. I have none of these comforts in the woods.

So I'm not sure how much I'll be using the cabin. I don't think it will be often.

9 comments:

  1. You will still have your Thoreau moments..... we Cancers need our alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I would be content just being at home too. You have everything you need right there now...away from everything. My idea of Heaven on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunset photo! I like the cabin idea. I use my shed to hide out and it works great. So far, nobody has found me in there yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I have my own little place in the woods now I wouldn't need your cabin. I don't have a place to put it anyway, but I agree with you as you have your new home and all its extras I doubt you'll be using the cabin as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great place to live, A home plus a cabin if you want to really get away. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cabin sounds like fun. Reminds me of this blog http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/ but she doesn't post very often. I would use it to x-stitch, watch the birds, deer and wild hogs here in Texas. I sure enjoy your blog. Thanks, Pat/Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't blame you...you have Heaven right here on earth where you are at now...
    love,
    carlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks awesome! I don't think I would ever leave home... beautiful sunset.
    Lisa in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess to everything there is a season. I do love your cabin though!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!