Sunday, May 03, 2009

Cliff got high today

When I was in the garden today, at one point I heard Cliff talking to a neighbor boy and looked up to see them on top of our barn; I think the boy was there simply for conversation, I'm not sure. The roof on the middle part of the barn was getting pretty rusty, so Cliff went up there with a bucket of stuff with which to coat it.

He said this was the hardest he's worked in a long, long time. I took him a glass of water, and he mentioned that the view atop the barn was fantastic. So I handed him my camera and told him to click away.

He took a picture of Bonnie and Secret.

And several of our home sweet home. How do you like our new shingles?

This one shows our garage.

And here's one you can click on to make larger, so you can appreciate our big back yard (and see some of the neighbor's junk). Where the trees start, that's where the deep canyons lie. Look carefully and you'll see the roof of my cabin.

9 comments:

  1. I will definitely make it there again this summer and maybe even get to meet you (that's if you are home :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always knew how to write a headline! High, indeed! I absolutely love these pictures. Your house and property are beautiful. Everything looks so green. Must be due to all of the rain. No rain here, just dust and heat. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliff did a great job taking pictures. I think your home looks beautiful. I thought I saw your cabin on the right of your home in that last picture. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was way up there for sure. I love the pictures but I do hope he doesn't need to get up there again anytime soon. Your shingles look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw Mosie...you and Cliff have created a piece of Heaven for yourselves. Itis so beautiful there!!!! Wish I lived there too! Yall ahve done sooooo much in the little time that you have had your newe home! You both can sure Be proud of yourselves!
    love,
    carlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catchy title. I had to come see. lol Your place is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice perch for photos.... and great photos resulted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW....the 'place' looks great guys !! Would love to come back and see first hand all the improvements. The pictures really show it off nicely.
    Everything looks so inviting and 'homey'. You two have worked hard and now have a show piece to reflect all that that effort.
    Take care and enjoy your surroundings to the fullest....you deserve that comfortable place God has provided.
    BLESSINGS from Nance (and Bill) in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that title caught my attention! I thought maybe Cliff got too close to the gasoline tank or something!

    Great pictures of your lovely home! It's so pretty around it, neat, clean, nice flowers, everything looks just like it jumped out of the top drawer! Good job kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!