Monday, November 10, 2008

A redneck's love song to her computer

written by yours truly, this morning

I used to read the paper and books and magazines,

But I gave all that up, the day my Dell came on the scene.
There’s no more paper clutter to pile up all the time,
Cause anything I want to read, I get it all online.

Chorus
Oh, what a hard drive resides within my Dell.
She’s got lots of gigabytes and memory as well.
In the wee hours of the morning she’ll keep me company:
Oh, my computer... she means the world to me.

My wonderful computer, how marvelous you are;
You brighten up my trailer house and keep me out of bars.
With Google at my fingertips, there’s no more mysteries.
Oh, dear computer, don’t EVER crash or freeze!

Chorus again

Just use any old Sears-and-Roebuck country tune (Hank Williams' Kaw-liga would work) and sing along!

16 comments:

  1. LOL Donna, your a nut. A good nut though. ;) I still like the feel of a newspaper in my hands sometimes. Old habits die hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens, Donna - copyright that and sell it to a computer company! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Donna. Add a pedal steel and you'll be going to Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I knew you could do it. The song says it all ! I do hope yours and mine never crash. Would be lost without it!
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed to smile today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And for our next act, Donna will sing "Silver Dells" lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did sing it, I did. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. I needed that today!

    Thanks so much for your kind comment and visit to my blog.

    I have really enjoyed your blog, and I will be back.

    I added you to my blogroll.

    Have a great week,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Donna! That was awesome!
    You can move to Branson and get your own theater! (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:58 PM

    AWESOME!!!! is all I can say..God Bless Donna....hugs...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup.....it's a good one, now if I could just stop hubby from ordering magizines.......
    loop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I was going to ask if you'd sing it for us, so we'd know the tune, but then I read your last sentence. Now I have KaLiga on my mind, and I'll have to commit these lyrics to memory so I can sing your song -- it so applies to me and my own Dell, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good one! I actually heard the music in my head and sang the lyrics with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! I love my computer...but I cannot live without my books!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!