Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What a day for shopping!

When Cliff and I were done with our daily walk this morning, the temperature was in the mid-forties and the sun was out-doing itself shining.

We needed to pick up a prescription and run by a dentist's office to pick up an X-ray. I suggested we take the motorcycle.

"In fact," I said, "we could do the weekly shopping if you want. The morning is going to be shot anyhow, and I have my list ready."

We bundled up well; and indeed, it was a great ride. By the time we got all our errands run, it was in the mid-fifties.

I did patronize our nearest small-town grocer this time, and even though I bought both a turkey ($.69 per pound) and a ham ($1.69 per pound), I stayed under the $100 I allow for groceries. With a little cash to spare!

And it all fit in our motorcycle trailer.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:00 PM

    I'm going to TX for Thanksgiving but I guess I need to go buy a turkey to put in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone is having nice weather. Here it is 2:15 in the afternoon and we've only got 30 degrees it was 24 this morning when I got to work. You really got a deal on the price of your turkey and ham too ! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great outing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand grocery shopping...but taking the bike would make it worth it for me! Yep...that would be FUN!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN! It was mighty chilly here this morning when I got up...39 degrees! I saw turkey's for 35 cents a pound here on base but didn't know if that was a good deal or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a beautiful day! Wow you did a great job with your shopping, Donna, I could learn from you. Glad you got the ham too--ham is far more superior to turkey any day. However, sigh, we only get turkey at John's family dinner (it's their year). xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. im jealous. I want to ride. Pat is not up it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not nearly as warm here! Glad you got your shopping done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good buy on the ham and the turkey :) I am still buying those suckers up at .39/lb :) how cold is it there? Wayne and I will SO NOT BE on a cycle when we retire...NOT..but I applaud you for it ;)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. loopymama doing a ham and turkey also...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!