Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So, what's Cliff been up to?

Of course Cliff goes to work every afternoon and puts in his eight hours. But in his time at home, he always has several projects going.

This is a project that failed. He'd bought a pair of tire chains at a garage sale thinking they'd fit on those garden tractor tires. They weren't quite long enough.

He made a top link for the brother-in-law's Mahindra tractor that we're babysitting.

There, see it now? OK, I know most of you don't know what a top link is, but our son will appreciate the craftsmanship.

He's been repairing faulty screens on the trailer house.


A neighbor gave him this ugly old AC welder that didn't work. It works now.

He carefully worded some ads for Craigslist so he can sell the welder and the chains.

And right now, he's chatting with the grandson.

Busy man, is Cliff. Not one to sit around the house watching soap operas (or playing on the computer).

Oh, did I mention he spent yesterday forenoon planting twenty-five Norway Spruce trees? In the rain?

10 comments:

  1. wow, cliff does stay busy doesn't he?
    huggies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is fortunate to get out and do somethings before winter sets in. Before we know it winter will be here and the days inside increase.
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you're proud to have a man who doesn't sit on his rump waiting for you to make his living for him. That's a good man and you're blessed to have him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliff is soooo busy & works full time too. I bet you're glad that he doesn't want any computer time...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that Cliff stays so busy. I don't know what a top link is, but I dutifully admired it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Cliff is always busy doing something. That house in the other entry is beautiful. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup busy guys are a blessing aren't they?
    loopy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep you don't find this kind of man under foot. Mel afforded himself one vice and that was the Dallas Cowboys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one tough guy!

    I'd love to own a farm and have time to do my projects like Cliff's. Like him, I never like to stay put at one place too long. I need to move around, thus the outings and bike rides... open spaces... like a farm.

    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:55 AM

    There's nothing so boing as having nothing to do.
    Seems like only yesterday U sed to go on a mere 4 hrs sleep nights. My shop was my livingroom in those days. Sports near bored me to tears. or as I felt about sports, participating or watching, whatever worthwhile was accomplished when the event was over?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!