Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cliff has one tractor-driver that's better than I am

There are certain things Cliff would love for me to help him with, but I refuse. Because some things look dangerous, and I don't want to be responsible for maiming or killing him.

Granddaughter Natalie, aged eleven, came over today. So Cliff enlisted her help. He's been training her for quite some time.

The project was this: Grapevines had overtake many of our trees in the pasture and deformed them. So Cliff went out back to take care of that situation.

While he was there, though, he decided a certain tree needed trimming. So he had Natalie elevate him high enough to get rid of some limbs.


Don't try this at home.


Cliff gives Natalie the "higher" sign.


And she raises him up.

That high.

Scares me to death.

8 comments:

  1. Seems pretty safe to me. I've seen lots stupider situations in my time. I don't know that I'd want to be the tractor operator and be responsible for somebody else's safety though.

    Have a good Sunday, Donna. :o)

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie may make big money someday operating heavy machinery. Looks like she knows what she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! But I understand the fear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to drive a tractor sometime in my life. I would prefer to do it on flat gound with nothing around. Doubt it will ever happen though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure she loves helping him too. Thanks for sharing the pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... looks almost as bad as a trampoline. ;) Where is the net?? LOL

    Well -- my kiddos don't use a chain saw on the trampoline... BUT we burn wood for heat, so my dh uses a chainsaw on a regular basis. THAT scares me! Yuck... I don't like chainsaws.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could see Eler Beth doing that. It's great that Natalie and Cliff are able to have this time together.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!