Friday, November 07, 2008

About my Jersey heifer, Secret

Diane asked, in my comment section the other day, if there was any update on Secret's love life.

Actually, no. She's been at Tommy's place for two weeks. She was there during the vital time when she needed to be in the company of a bull. But Tommy goes to work in the dark and comes home in the dark, so if anything happened, he wouldn't know.

We'll bring her home this weekend. The next couple of weeks will tell the tale. If Secret comes in heat, she will soon be hamburger, because she's had every opportunity to become pregnant.

My readers will be the first ones to know if there's good news.

6 comments:

  1. We recently brought home some hamburger. What a great feeling to know I have meat for the next YEAR! LOL Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Secret is trying to make it known she would rather be a career woman than a mom. Heh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she catches, but if not, milk is good, but hamburger and steaks are good too.

    I grew up raising calves and hogs, among other farm animals, so I know you do what you have to do.

    Daddy always told us kids not to name anything we might end up eating, but he was always the one who got attached, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO!!!! Not Secret!

    Hope she delivers. I can never make myself eat anything I saw alive before.

    I had chicks when I was little. I took care of them like pets instead of livestock.

    When they became chickens, my parents slaughtered them for food with my permission, of course. A very difficult decision on my part.

    Since then, I avoided eating chicken meat until I had to again when I was in the army... some 10 years later.

    Now, McSpicy from MacDonald's is really my favourite meal.

    I'm a big hypocrite when it comes to living things and eating their meat... being vegetarian has crossed my mind many times but meat tastes so nice!

    Well, this is life.

    Hope everything works out well there. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know it's ... er ... normal, but geesh I hope I hear she's pregnant rather than dinner.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...poor Secret! You are tougher than I am. I couldn't do it.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!