Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snake Saturday

I'm not sure if Snake Saturday originated in North Kansas City or not; a google search takes me straight to the North Kansas City Snake Saturday parade, so perhaps it's unique to that area.  
One year my daughter and I found ourselves passing through North Kansas City at just the right time to be caught in the beginning part of the parade; crowds lined the street.  Rachel, at the wheel, said, "Mom, what do I do now?"  
"Just smile, wave, and look green," I told her.  
Memories.  
Oh, and while I'm at it:  Happy birthday, Rachel.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 AM

    KANSAS CITY HAS GOOD MEMORIES. sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice smile wave and look green. Lots of nice daughters were born in March. One of mine is the 28th. Happy birthday Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Rachel!

    I loved that clogging dancing they did! Sounds like a fun parade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Rachel! You have a nice Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. March kids rule... for sure in this house.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!